MISSION OF ICT DEPARTMENT
Information Communication Technology
Department is aimed to prepare computer technicians who will be competent enough to work readily as per current Information Technology Industries demand and providing knowledge and skills to students in various ICT areas like Computer hardware, multimedia, software development and Network administration.
ICT is central to Rwanda's Vision for 2020 and is one of the core pillars of country economic growth and ICT department in IPRC south contribute to empower Rwandan youth to become competitive at National level and east African region in ICT market.
STUDENT ENTRY PROFILE
Candidates are selected from those who completed the secondary school in the following general science combinations:
- MPC: Maths-Physic-Chemistry
- PCB: Physic-Chemistry-Biology
- MCB: Maths-Chemistry-Biology
- MEC: Maths-Economics-Computer
- MPG: Maths-Physic-Geography
And From Technical Secondary Schools (TSS).
ADVANCED DIPLOMA EXIT PROFILE
The student after the completion of three years of training is awarded with advanced diploma in ICT.
The graduates in ICT have various job opportunities:
Computer hardware and software troubleshooting technician
Network Installation, administration, and Network security technicians.
Web developer, web designer and web administrator.
Multimedia and graphics designer etc.
- NETWORKING AND SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
- Switching, wireless and WAN
- Fundamentals of Networking and routing
- Network Security
- System administration
PC MAINTENANCE AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- Install and configure computer components.
- Troubleshoot system components.
- Install and configure operating systems.
- Install and manage network connections.
- Support printers and scanners.
- Support personal computer security.
- Web programming and technology
- Object Oriented Programming using Java
- Advanced java
- software methodology
CELLULAR MOBILE SYSTEMS
Introduction to Cellular Mobile Systems, Elements of cellular Radio System Design, Specifications of Analog Systems, Cell Coverage for Signal and Traffic, Cell-Site Antennas and Mobile Antenna, Cochannel Interference Reduction,
Types of Noncochannel Interference, Frequency Management and Channel Assignment, Handoffs and Dropped Calls, Operational Techniques and technologies, Switching and Traffic, Data Links and Microwaves, System
Evaluations, Introduction to Digital Systems, Digital Cellular Systems, Intelligent Cell Concept and Applications, Intelligent Network for Wireless Communications.
- Graphics and image Editing (Adobe Photoshop)
- Animation (Adobe Flash)
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere)
- Introduction to Video camera
- Video camera work tutorial
BASIC ELECTRONICS AND DOMESTIC INSTALLATION
- BASIC ELECTRONICS
- ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENTS
- ELCTRONIC COMPONENTS AND CIRCUIT LAWS
- CONDUCTORS , INSULATORS
- SWITCH - CIRCUITS AND DIAGRAMS
- Number systems
- Digital Arithmetic and computer codes
- Boolean Algebra and Logic Gates
- Combinational logic circuits
- Sequential logic circuits
- Design of sequential logic circuits
VTC COURSES (1YEAR)
This short courses provide the Hands on skills, knowledge and attitudes for a trainee to be competent in a range of routine Computer hardware and software maintenance, network installation and troubleshooting.
The graduates after the completion of this training is awarded a level 3 VTC certificate in Computer hardware and software maintenance.
The graduate is competent to work in IT companies, Public or private institution, schools where computers and network are being used.
- Wireless connection covering almost the whole campus.
- Web portal for IPRC South
- FTP Server that hold books from various departments
- Two computer Labs Equipped with 54 computers and internet connection.
- VoIP Phones in some staff administration offices
Copyright © 2019-2020 IPRC Huye - All Rights Reserved.