Consistent with the missions of the IPRC HUYE, and the College of Engineering, the objectives of this department are:
- Prepare students to practice professionally in the fields of industrial and manufacturing engineering through the provisions of high quality undergraduate educational programs
- Provide an environment for satisfying faculty career development
- Maintain a world renowned scholarly research program
Mechanical Engineering in Production Program consists of the following Objectives:
Three years after graduation from the Mechanical Department in the production, graduates will:
- Successfully practice industrial and systems engineering to serve local, state, regional, national, and international industries, and government agencies.
- Work professionally in the fields of industrial and systems engineering in either manufacturing or service sectors, working in areas such as systems engineering, quality engineering.
- Achieve personal and professional success with an understanding and appreciation of ethical behavior, social responsibility and diversity, both as individuals and in team environments.
- Pursue continued life-long learning through further graduate education, short courses or other training programs in engineering or related fields.